Adult Cardiology > Meril Life Sciences > Biomime sirolimus Eluting Coronary Stent System
• Cobalt chromium (L605) platform with 65µm strut thickness.
• Hybrid cell design comprising of an intelligent mix of open and
close cells resulting in excellent radial strength with a high flexibility.
• 0.29% foreshortening
• Unique strut width variability that ensure a <3% recoil and 0.29%
• Special electro-polishing technique eliminates surface nickel oxides
• Conventional edge-flaring stent designs allow the stent to dog-bone
• This dog-boning coupled with balloon overhang may cause edge injury.
• BioMime has struts with design variability which results in morphology
mediated expansionTM, having a propensity to minimize stent edge
• The area of the largest circle circumscribable in the cell of
the stent expanded to the nominal diameter: Tc = 0.71
• Sirolimus acts on the common final pathway of cell division cycle without
exceptional risk of necrosis induction
• Low drug loading of 1.25µgm/mm2 of Sirolimus
• Drug elution time of 30 days.
• BioPoly is Meril's propriety biodegradable co-polymer
• It offers uniformity in stent coating
• BioPoly Is highly stable during EtO process and there is no
loss in polymer integrity
• It does-not web, crack, lump on stent or balloon surface
• Exceptionally low coating thickness of <2µm is possible
• Meril's validated coating technique ensures uniformity of coating on both
abluminal and adluminal surfaces and around the stent edges
Complete and uniform endothelialisation, observed in porcine coronary artery model. At 28 or at 90 days, no significant differences were found in any histomorphometric parameters of lumen or neointimal hyperplasia (p > 0.05) between BIOMIME and Cypher in a pre-clinical porcine coronary artery model.